Cabinet of Ministers approves draft legislation enabling the issuance of Certificates of Absence
Today, June 7th, the Cabinet of Ministers approved draft legislation enabling the issuance of Certificates of Absence. The draft legislation which involves an amendment to the Registration of Deaths (Temporary Provisions) Act, No. 19 of 2010 will now be gazetted and the process of presentation to Parliament will commence....
Searching of Next of Kin of Deceased Persons Abroad
The Sri Lankan Embassies in Lebanon, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Jordan have informed the Consular Affairs Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the following employed persons have died abroad....
Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera commits to strengthening relations with the Czech Republic
Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera on a visit to the Czech Republic from 9-11 June, at the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Lubomir Zaoralek, reaffirmed Sri Lanka’s commitment to strengthen relations between the two countries.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey to visit Sri Lanka from 14-16 June 2016
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu will visit Sri Lanka from 14-16 June 2016, on an invitation extended by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mangala Samaraweera. This is the first visit of a Foreign Minister of Turkey to Sri Lanka, and will therefore mark the beginning of forging stronger relations between the two countries.
Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera’s remarks following bilateral talks with Turkish Foreign Minister
- Harim Peiris appointed as Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Minister meets Prime Minister of Norway
- Address by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at Opening of the Sixth World Congress Against the Death Penalty
- Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera delivers opening address at the 6th World Congress Against the Death Penalty in Oslo
- Speech by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the Norwegian Institute for International Affairs (NUPI), Oslo, 21 June 2016
Monday to Friday
9.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.
34, Homi Modi Street
Mumbai - 400 001